Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trouble comes in threes - or with Clue #3

Okay - I will admit that I was one of the first to download clue #3 from the MS3 site on this past Friday morning. This is only a sign that I ave grand illusions of grandeur as I was heading up to Manchester, NH to work at a booth at the TKGA show being held up there. However, upon my arrival I saw that a MS3'er had left a message begging for a look at the chart for Clue 3 as she did not have her laptop with her. So, at least, I was able to satisfy one member of the list with an exposure to the chart. Also, I brought my stole in progress along to show other lace knitting addicts.

However, I did not get a chance to start work on it, in earnest, until Sunday morning. At this point, I am only half way through the clue/chart. One thing that I have learned is that I need to get up at least an hour before my DH on those mornings when I am going to work on the stole. This morning I didn't have enough time between my wake up and his to get into the stole 'zone'. So, when he left for work, I was not relaxed enough nor feeling secure enough in my stole knitting to idly look up from the chart and wish him well on his day's journey into the morass of daily work. I did look up from the chart long enough to kiss him goodbye but went right back to the chart as he was heading to the door. He went on to tell me pertinent information, like when he was coming home, and he made the mistake of looking back. When he noticed that I wasn't looking at him and intently listening he asked if I had in fact heard him. Yes, I had. But, following the chart ( on a row with many decreases, etc.) was far more important at that time. This could be one of the reasons why men don't get this fiber addiction that we seem to have.

Sleep well and may the threads of your dreams remain untangled.

1 comment:

Mary Kay said...

Only one thing at a time...it's only a shawl...please take the time to interact with your husband, to listen when he wants...then take notes when he leaves, so you don't have to try to remember what he said before getting back to the stole...you won't regret the attention distraction so much and he will feel important when you stop and be alert for him. Then back to the stole without guilt, in fact, pleasure at being able to have a husband and do MS3 at the same time!!! I always wanted to be heard. Even if for only 40n seconds.