Friday, July 27, 2007

Spinning Away


The past few evenings I have been spinning up some Leicester Longwool and Alpaca that I dyed up a few weeks ago. It is hot and humid here in New England and sitting at my wheel is the coolest area in my living room. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my wheel is in the direct path of the central fan that we have in our apartment.


I thought that I would also answer some questions that people have posed regarding my MS3. No, I didn't dye that yarn. It is a yarn from Great Adirondack Yarns called Cobwebs (80% alpaca and 20% silk) in the colorway Pheasant. I am using size 4 needles on it and the beads came from a little bead shop up in Stowe, VT. The beads go perfectly with the yarn. I must have a good memory for color since I didn't have the yarn with me when I picked out the beads. As to the condition of my kitchen sink - we rent our apartment and I am very careful when dyeing and rinsing out my wool. Fortunately, the kitchen sink is stainless steel. The kitchen has no evidence of dyeing but you should see my collection of old towels!

Today I head off for the western part of MA to babysit my sister's house and Bull Mastiff. I am really looking forward to knitting and spinning beside the pool with few or no mosquitoes. Even better, her house has air conditioning!!

No comments: