Thursday, July 19, 2007

Clue 3 is done and the stole is 1/3 done


This morning I finished clue 3 in time to wait less than 24 hours for clue #4. The designer has already told us that the stole is about 1/3 done. Now I have to figure out if I want to make it longer than the 75 approx. length of the stole. I have enough yarn to extend it, if I wish. I have a cut velvet stole which is the perfect length for me. Now I can get back to couple of the other projects and make some progress there.



This is my first KAL, and I am really enjoying the process. Usually, when I knit I am setting my own schedule and doing it alone. With the KAL, I am still alone in my knitting, physically. But, there are a lot of people that I can share the experience with on and off-line. I am already starting to think about the possibility of joining the Knitting Olympics if it happens next summer. Or maybe, there should be a Needlepoint Olympics with something like a big project for the holidays a the actual item - Christmas stocking, etc. Something like that may prove to be more portable.


4 comments:

Peggy said...

Your stole is really looking beautiful. This is my first KAL, my first lace and my first of knitting with beads!!!

LUL said...

It's looking great! I am only peeking at the MS3 as I have another project I want to finish first. But I almost regret it!

Susie H said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely - that color looks like smoke in my browser. What a fantastic stole you will have!

Mary Kay said...

Your stole is gorgeous. I am thinking of doing another this winter with more beads if the 'theme' isn't compromised. Yours is beauriful. Thanks for showing it proudly.